Whether you are a small or a medium sized business, internet marketing is a crucial strategy, which is critical to the success of your business. However, many businesses that lack the expertise of promoting their business balk at the idea of delegating such important segment of their business to another company. While there are several advantages of outsourcing the marketing responsibilities of your firm to an internet marketing agency, there are several cons of engaging an outside company to take care of these tasks.
Let’s begin with the PROS:
- Save Money: While outsourcing your digital marketing needs to an internet marketing agency may incur certain costs, you are sure to make significant cost savings in the long-run. When you outsource these tasks to an external agency, you avoid the extra costs of engaging and paying new employees. Additionally, you also save on extra costs of maintaining these processes internal. Consequently, you provide yourself a well thought-out marketing budget that allows you to spend prudently.
- Leverage Their Expertise: One of the most significant advantages of outsourcing your requirements to a digital marketing agency is their expertise in different areas of internet marketing. From content writing, and email marketing to social media optimization and pay per click, digital marketing agencies can create a strategy that could best meet your marketing needs.
- Save Time: Taking care of all your marketing needs alongside other core business activities can cause a significant strain on your employees who would have to spend extra time on your marketing requirements. By delegating your marketing tasks to a digital marketing agency, you free your staff from the time consuming and dreary tasks related to marketing. This would allow them to focus on their actual tasks which in turn would augment their performance.
These are some of the clear advantages of engaging the services of a digital marketing company. However, there are some disadvantages as well. Have a look:
- You Involvement is Required at Every Step: When you hire a marketing agency, you cannot completely take a hands-off approach. Though, major aspects of your marketing needs will be taken care of by the outsourcing company, your involvement in providing feedback, reviewing data, sales figures etc is required to ensure that your goals are well achieved. This will consume your precious time, which could otherwise be utilized in important core business activities.
- Your business isn’t ready to handle influx of new leads: Many times, you either run short of time or resources who can handle the influx of new leads generated as a result of proven techniques used by the agency. This might place you in a bad light and do considerable damage to your brand. Moreover, without a proper sales process or a system in place, you are sure to lose business opportunities that could otherwise ramp up your business.
- You Cannot Expect Quick fix: Your expectations of achieving results isn’t feasible when you engage the services of a digital marketing agency. Executing a successful digital campaign takes a lot of preparation and careful planning, which doesn’t come overnight. So, if you’re not willing to get through this process, then engaging an agency may not be the right fit for your company.